Andrew Chapel United Methodist Church seeks to hire an Administrative Assistant. The job is part-time, onsite (20-25 hours per week), with pay between $17/hr and $21/hr dependent upon qualifications and experience. Please see full description below or Click Here to download as a PDF.
The Administrative Assistant at Andrew Chapel United Methodist Church is a part time position with responsibilities for reception, scheduling meetings, purchasing, working with staff and church members, and working with church software to accomplish a variety of administrative tasks.
• Serving as the front-facing “doorkeeper” of the church during daytime working hours
• Greet and direct visitors to the appropriate staff or church member
• Answering phones, recording messages, and maintaining a record of phone calls, passing information to appropriate staff or church members
• Opening and distributing mail to appropriate staff or church members
• Accepting deliveries, recording invoices and notifying appropriate staff or church members
• Maintain comprehensive and current church calendar, recording details of space use, meeting times, name and contact information
• Manage online registration for small groups/events
• Manage ZOOM meeting account, ZOOM calendar, meeting requests/invitations
• Serve as the primary purchasing agent for Andrew Chapel UMC, including ordering of office, custodial, hospitality and all Worship supplies
Using Church Software
• Work in concert with the Pastor and Communications Director to format and print the weekly bulletin
• Report required information/statistics to church Conference and District offices
• Use of EVC, Servant Keeper/Faithlife programs
· This position is responsible for collection and recording of payroll information
• Maintain the current church directory, including contact information
• Maintain lists of members receiving weekly email, eBlasts, and other electronic communications
• Maintain records of baptisms, confirmations, transfers and deaths
• Other tasks as requested by the Pastor
• An applicant is a person who seeks to grow in the Christian faith, who is committed to the mission and vision of Andrew Chapel, and who serves out of a sense of call
• Excellent organization and planning skills with attention to detail
• Excellent social skills and ability to work with others
• A self-starter who enjoys learning and working with new technologies
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters involving Pastor, Staff, and Congregation
· Knowledge of EVC, Servant Keeper, and Faithlife software
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Pastor for supervision and annual evaluation.
This is a part-time position with pay between $17/hr and $21/hr dependent upon qualifications and experience. Expectation of 20-25 hours worked per week onsite.
Please send a resume (with references) and cover letter by email to email@example.com or by mail to:
Andrew Chapel UMC
Attn: Pastor Matt Sergent
1301 Trap Rd
Vienna, VA 22182
Applications accepted until August 31, 2021.